Best DJ Controller in 2020 Pioneer DDJ 400
- Pioneer DDJ 400 – club style layout similar to that of the CDJ-2000NXS2 and DJM-900NXS2
- Built in sound card with plug and play connectivity via USB cable
- Includes Rekordbox DJ license key
- New Features of Rekordbox Ver 5.3 – Tutorial feature to help learn how to DJ
- Frequency Range: 20 – 20000 Hz. Software System Requirements-Mac- macOS Mojave 10.14 (Updated to the latest version), macOS High Sierra 10.13 (Updated to the latest version), macOS Sierra 10.12 (Updated to the latest version), OS X 10.11 (Updated to the latest version). Windows- Windows 10/ 8.1/ 7 (latest service pack)
Master the basics
Learning to DJ has never been easier than with the Pioneer DDJ 400 2-channel DJ controller for rekordbox dj. Packed with features to help you comfortably develop your skills, this controller’s layout mirrors that of our flagship NXS2 set-up, with shared elements like dedicated cue buttons, Beat FX, CDJ-style looping controls and more. As a result, our advanced DJ gear will feel natural to use when you’re ready to progress.
Bundled with our professional performance software, rekordbox dj, its compatible Tutorial feature will help you master this controller’s creative capabilities. Lightweight and portable, take the Pioneer DDJ 400 with you to practice sessions or parties. You’ll soon feel at home while performing.
Pioneer DDJ 400 Key Features
You’ll have access to rekordbox dj’s Tutorial feature. Follow along via your computer screen to learn how to use the gear and master DJ techniques.
The Pioneer DDJ 400’s buttons and knobs are arranged in the same way as those on our professional NXS2 set-up. Develop your skills using an interface similar to that of our club-standard player, and enhance your mixes with Sound Color FX and Beat FX featuring curves taken from our DJM-900NXS2 mixer. You’ll soon feel comfortable performing in DJ booths.
Apply professional FX that match the tempo of the track that’s currently playing by using the Beat FX feature. This will help you craft unique sets even if you’re just starting out.
You get a rekordbox dj licence key bundled with this controller. Simply activate your licence key for our DJ software, connect the controller and start DJing.
PC Master Out
For flexibility you can choose to hear your mix through your computer’s internal speakers or connected desktop speakers. At the same time, you can use your headphones to cue independently of the master out.
Plug and play
With a built-in sound card, simply connect the controller to your computer using the provided USB cable to power up and begin playing.
Take this controller with you wherever you go thanks to the easy grab handles and lightweight design.
The mic input circuit produces clear audio without distortion to ensure crystal-clear sound even at high input levels.
Pioneer DDJ 400 Specifications
- USB Bus Powered Yes
- Included DJ Software rekordbox dj
- Software System Requirements
- macOS Mojave 10.14 (Updated to the latest version)
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 (Updated to the latest version)
- macOS Sierra 10.12 (Updated to the latest version)
- OS X 10.11 (Updated to the latest version)
- Windows Windows 10/ 8.1/ 7 (latest service pack)
- Width 18.98 in
- Height 2.3 in
- Depth 10.72 in
- Weight 4.63 lb
- Soundcard 24 bit/44.1 kHz
- Frequency Range 20 – 20000 Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 103 dB
- Distortion < 0.005 % (USB)
- Channels 2
- Deck Control 2
- Pad FX Yes
- Sampler 16slot x 4bank
- Hot Cues 8
- Fader Start Yes
- Crossfader Curve Adjust Yes
- Inputs 1 MIC (1/4 inch TS Jack)
- USB 1 USB B port
- 1 MASTER (RCA)
- 1 HEADPHONE MONITOR (Mini-jack)
What’s in the DDJ 400 box
- Pioneer DDJ 400
- USB cable
- Operating instructions (Quick Start Guide)
- rekordbox dj licence key card
The Pioneer DDJ 400 is an ideal piece of gear for first-time DJs. Its controls enable you to easily learn the basics, plus it’s packed with features that will help you develop your skills. The controller is compatible with the new Tutorial feature in rekordbox do, which explains basic equipment operation step by step.
Even if you’ve never ventured behind the decks before, you can learn how to DJ. Thanks to the lightweight and portable design, you can take the Pioneer DDJ 400 to friends’ houses to practice together or bring it to parties and small venues to perform. And if you want to take mixing to the next level, you’ll feel at home in the club DJ booth because the DDJ 400 inherits design traits from our professional range. The layout of dedicated play/pause and cue buttons, Beat FX, CDJ-style looping controls and more is inherited from our NXS2 set-up.