How to beat bad breath
Bad breath is very unpleasant. For him, they even came up with a special medical term – halitosis. And personal hygiene and a little knowledge will help to cope with bad breath.
What causes bad breath
The most common cause is dry mouth. Due to the insufficient amount of incoming water, the body reduces the production of saliva. The cells of the tongue begin to die, the bacteria activate their activity, and these processes cause a bad smell.
Residual food stuck in the mouth can also cause stale breathing. If you do not brush your teeth thoroughly enough, the same bacteria collect in the oral cavity and cause an odor.
Another reason for stale breathing is the food we eat. We know about garlic, onions and cigarettes, which cause an unpleasant odor, but this is only half the problem. Starvation and strict diets can also cause bad breath. The body begins to destroy fat reserves, releasing ketones, which give such an effect.
Do not forget about the reasons of a medical nature. Kidney, liver, diabetes, and lung infections can also cause bad breath. If you have symptoms of one of these diseases, it is best to see a doctor. However, the most common causes of stale breathing can be overcome independently.
How to understand if it smells from the mouth
The most unpleasant way is to hear about it from your interlocutor. But this is a critical situation and we are doing our best to avoid it.
Here are a few less radical ways:
- A pink, clear tongue indicates a normal smell; a white coating indicates otherwise.
- If you have a spoon at hand, you can run it several times over the tongue, let it dry, and then sniff it.
- Lick your wrist, wait a couple of seconds and smell it.
Doesn’t work: place a palm on the palm of your hand with a boat and exhale in them. In most cases, you will not smell.
How to get rid of bad smell
The bad news: there is no way to get rid of bad breath once and for all. You eat every day, therefore, you will also have to monitor your oral cavity every day. And here are the main ways to deal with stale breathing.
- Drink plenty of water. A dry environment is more favorable for bacteria, so an insufficient amount of water will lead to an unpleasant odor.
- Use tongue scrapers. There is no more effective way than cleaning the tongue. The largest number of bacteria is collected on it – they are the cause of bad breath.
- Rinse your mouth with a special liquid. It can be found in any supermarket. Measure the indicated amount of liquid and rinse your mouth with it for 30 seconds. After that, do not eat or smoke for at least 30 minutes.
- Use dental floss. Many bacteria remain between the teeth. The only way to get rid of them is with dental floss.
- Eat the right food. There are several products that also help in controlling bad breath. These are green tea, cinnamon, oranges, berries, apples, celery.
What to use instead of chewing gum
Most experts agree that chewing gum is the most useless way to deal with an unpleasant odor. Here’s what you can chew as an alternative:
- cinnamon sticks (break off a small piece)
- cloves (not more than one bud),
These tips will help get rid of bad smell if you follow them regularly.
Read also How to cook bacon in the oven